Timing is Everything: Tips from a Social Media Guru Tuesday Tips for Creatives
by I AM THE LIST
July 09, 2019
Timing is Everything:
Tips from a Social Media Guru
Today's Tips for Creatives is brought to you by the Nashville Blogging Collective.
Social media is always evolving, and users’ behavior changes with it. One fact that doesn’t change is that all social platforms move fast, with a constant stream of content vying for attention.
Now that more and more brands from all kinds of industries realize the value of connecting with their audiences on social networks, it’s important to understand how your audience uses social platforms and what they want out of your content.
While you're working to figure out exactly when and where it is best to reach your audience you can use the data below from Sprout Media as a guide for posting your media content.
- The best times for media companies to post on Facebook are Tuesday at 5 p.m. and Friday from 8–9 a.m.
- Other top times include Wednesday from 8–9 a.m., Wednesday at 5 p.m. and Thursday at 5 p.m.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m
- The lowest engagement is on Sunday and every day from 10 p.m.–3 a.m.
- The best time for media companies to post on Instagram is Friday at 9 a.m.
- The safest times to post are Wednesday through Friday from 8 a.m–4 p.m.
- There’s also a period of higher engagement that lasts all the way through Thursday night into Friday morning. It’s lower than the highest peak times, but it could be a unique time to capture audiences that aren’t active in other industries’ niches.
- Saturday and Sunday have the least engagement for media companies on Instagram.
- The best times for media companies to post on Twitter are Thursday at 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Other high engagement times include Thursday from 4 p.m–8 p.m.and Friday from 7 a.m.–11 a.m.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
- The day with the least engagement on Twitter is Saturday.